Saturday, March 10, 2007

And we're off....

The beginning of anything is always hard, always feels a bit like jumping off a height of some sort, even if not exactly a cliff.

So where am I coming from with this title for my blog -- which I would have preferred to call a journal but I guess that was not to be, considering as how I had problems with the site that would have allowed me to create a journal and so I turned to good ole google, where the word is blog.

Where I'm coming from is this: I am of a certain age, and have decided to fully acknowledge my age and to write from the inside-out of it. This means that what I have to say may not be of any interest to people who are younger, but in fact it may not be of any interest to anybody anyway. So I'm doing this primarily for myself, to make myself think about things that I seem otherwise to be continually pushing to the back of my mind. I am calling my blog Chasing the Inner Curmudgeon because that's the part of me that I'm always pushing away ... yet that part of me does have quite a bit to day. And let's face it, I'm running out of time in which to say it.

So for today, that's enough. More will develop here over time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Dianne! We need more curmudgeons, but we need curmudgeons with compassion. And that's you. And we do need to hear from folks 'of a certain age' or we will have only the philosophies of those untested by time. Looking forward to your curmudgeonly views.

Robert Fate said...

I am delighted that you have decided to do this. You have much to say and I think you are going to be surprised at how many of us out here want to hear from you. Best wishes and good luck.