Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Final Curmudgeon?

I'm not so sure about this, but it is entirely possible that my blog experiment is at an end. It has been valuable, though, for helping me to understand at long last why I've never been able to keep a journal for very long. I seem able to do it only if it's related to a particular goal, such as the long time it took me to decide to relocate myself from the East Coast to the West Coast, where I spent the most meaningful years when I was growing up. Other than that sort of journal, I've been a flop at keeping them.

The reason, it has become clear to me just this morning, is that what I value most is not having ideas, but exchanging and discussing them with others. The internet is a wonderful way to do that, when one lives alone in a relatively isolated place, as I do now.

Of course, I haven't advertised this blog's existence; if I did, more people might come and read it but even so, that's not a real exchange of ideas. So, I need to rethink.

-- Dianne

No comments: